We have the following US patent:
Using dynamic barcodes to send data to a cellphone, #8,348,149, filed July 28, 2011.
We have these US patents pending:
- Cellphone changing an electronic display that contains a barcode, #2012295591, filed May 16, 2011.
- Barcode and cellphone for privacy and anonymity, 13/200,849, filed October 4, 2011.
- Colour barcodes and cellphone, 13/374,207, filed December 16, 2011.
- Uses of a projector phone, 13/374,659, filed January 6, 2012.
- Mobile device audio from an external video display using a barcode, 13/506,921, filed May 25, 2012.
- Dynamic group purchases using barcodes, 13/506,957, filed May 29, 2012.
- Chirp to control devices, 13/573,823, filed October 9, 2012.
The patent and all the pendings were filed as full applications. None were filed as provisionals. Pendings 2-7 have not yet been published by the US PTO. When these happen, the above list will be updated to provide direct links to them at the PTO.
Pendings 1 and 6 have also been filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty with the Korean Patent Office for examination. The KPO has replied with a favourable analysis of pending 1. They found no prior art. We have used this under the Patent Prosecution Highway to inform the US PTO, to speed up their examination of that pending. Also, we will shortly proceed under the PCT with national applications for pending 1 in various other countries.
No reply has been made by the KPO at this time for their analysis of pending 6.
We anticipate future patent pending filings that extend the ideas in the above applications.
If you wish to read our unpublished pendings, discuss this with us.
The law firm of Steinfl and Bruno provides us with counsel on intellectual property issues.